The Prison Law Office, a non-profit public interest law firm, has been in the forefront of legal efforts to enforce the constitutional rights of people who are incarcerated for over 40 years. Our staff attorneys represent individuals, engage in impact litigation, educate the public about prison and juvenile detention conditions, advocate for legislative and regulatory reforms, and provide technical assistance to attorneys and policymakers throughout the country.
The policy associate will support the work of the Staff Attorney who is the Youth Justice Policy and Projects Manager. The work will relate to parole reform and implementation, legislative and regulatory advocacy, local county reforms, and other related projects. The policy associate’s work will include, but not be limited to:
- Analyzing proposed legislation and tracking bill progress.
- Writing letters of support and opposition for legislation.
- Attending stakeholder meetings and preparing minutes.
- Researching best practices to best empower and serve vulnerable populations.
- Administrative tasks that support the work of the Youth Justice Policy and Projects Manager.